ACQUISITION DIRECTOR – PACIFIC NORTHWEST
BH Properties is a privately held commercial real estate investment firm focused on value-add acquisitions in office, industrial, retail, and multi-family properties throughout the Western United States, along with investments in distressed debt and ground leases. The Company is vertically integrated, with offices in Los Angeles, Phoenix, Dallas, and Houston, and is able to acquire and close transactions without the need for lengthy due diligence periods. Our 30-year track-record and balance sheet allow us to move quickly and creatively, structuring acquisitions to satisfy seller needs in a highly competitive market. Today, the Company owns and operates approximately 10M square feet across 18 states.
Reporting to the Head of Strategic Investments, the Acquisition Director is an integral and highly visible role responsible for identifying value-add opportunities in multiple markets. Our ideal candidate possesses acquisition experience across value-add, opportunistic and distressed real estate investing strategies, with a demonstrated track record of achievement. Familiarity with ground lease and sale-lease back transactions is a plus. The successful candidate will be a self- starter, comfortable working in a regional office with minimal day to day oversight. The Company’s long-term vision anticipates adding additional resource and building out required infrastructure.
The Company will consider establishing its regional office presence in either Portland or Seattle
The Acquisition Director will be a key member of the company’s overall acquisition and investment processes identifying potential investment opportunities in targeted markets of Oregon and Washington. In addition, this role is responsible for problem solving, underwriting, performing due diligence, and completing acquisition documentation.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Sourcing new opportunities
· Identifying and covering target markets throughout Oregon and Washington
· Oversee the full acquisition process, including managing due diligence, reviewing third party reports, and working with legal and finance teams to facilitate closings
· Establishing regular communication lines with the Company’s home office in Los Angeles
· Preparing market analysis, underwriting and deal summaries for opportunities presented to the investment committee
· Developing relationships within the brokerage, developer, and lender communities in target markets to facilitate opportunities
· Attending selected conferences and industry events
· 5 – 10 years of real estate acquisition and underwriting experience across all product types, with a focus on office and retail properties
· Established relationships within the investment sales and brokerage community
· Undergraduate degree in real estate, business, finance, economics, or accounting preferred; advanced degree is a plus
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly assess deal viability
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
· Adept at developing effective working relationships with others in a team-oriented, collaborative, and deadline driven environment
· Trust and integrity are integral characteristics to enable a successful outcome
· A “Team Player” mentality, with a passion for brainstorming, problem solving, and independent thinking
· Some travel required
We offer a generous and comprehensive compensation & benefits package, along with the opportunity for professional growth and development within a well-capitalized, entrepreneurial, and growing real estate investment group.