BANKRUPTCY & RESTRUCTURING
BH Properties is a privately held commercial real estate investment firm focused on value-add acquisitions in office, industrial, retail, and multi-family properties throughout the Western United States along with investments in distressed debt, ground leases and affordable housing. The Company is vertically integrated, with offices in Los Angeles, Riverside, Phoenix, Dallas, and Houston and is able to acquire and close transactions, in most cases, in as little as ten days. Founded thirty (30) years ago and operating with no outside capital partners allows quick and creative solutions in structuring acquisitions to satisfy seller needs. Today, the Company owns and operates approximately 10M square feet across 18 states.
Initially reporting to the President & CEO and working in partnership with the Head of Strategic Investments, the Managing Director, Acquisitions – Bankruptcy & Restructuring will be responsible for sourcing and originating loans and acquisitions of assets in Bankruptcy or Receivership along with workouts and strategies pre and post close by working in partnership with all parties involved in the commercial real estate foreclosure and bankruptcy processes, including, but not limited to: Attorneys, Special Servicers and Receivers. This role requires higher levels of proficiency due to the complexity (analytical, technical, and business knowledge components) and inherent challenges.
We offer an excellent compensation package, and an exciting opportunity, to grow and develop with a well-capitalized entrepreneurial real estate investment group. For immediate consideration please submit resume with salary expectations. Resumes submitted with salary requirements will be considered first.
Preferred location in either Los Angeles, Phoenix, or Dallas.
Focused on bankruptcy and bankruptcy-related opportunities, the Managing Director, Acquisitions – Bankruptcy & Restructuring will be a key member of the Company’s acquisition team working in partnership with other acquisition professionals in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Sourcing and/or evaluating prospective acquisition opportunities in accordance with Company criteria with a primary focus on debt or debt instruments
- Build the necessary infrastructure to support the strategy
- Oversee the acquisition process, including sourcing, managing due diligence, reviewing third party reports, and working with legal and finance teams to facilitate closings and workouts where necessary
- Prepare market analysis, underwriting, and deal summaries for opportunities being recommended
- Develop relationships within the foreclosure, bankruptcy, title, and lender communities to facilitate opportunities
- Attend selected conferences
- Thorough knowledge of loan servicing, foreclosure, bankruptcy, REO, legal and title.
- Familiar with specific organizations / events / data / publications catering to the debt restructuring community
- Strong time-management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize work assignments.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Strong aptitude for assessing, understanding, and quantifying risk.
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail and able to work independently
- Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical skills and sound judgment
- Legal, financial services and, if possible, banking industry experience preferred
- Strong business acumen and ability to interface with executive management team
- Minimum of 15 + years of real estate / financial services, legal, or banking experience
- Preferably an undergraduate degree in real estate, business, finance, or accountin
- Advanced Degree a plus
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities; ability to quickly assess deal viability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with and develop effective working relationships with others in a team oriented, collaborative and deadline driven environment
- Travel required